We are happy to share with you the first of our new online activities for you and your kids to do at home!
This activity is well suited for kids ages 7-11.
- Bowl of water
- Paper and pen/pencil
- Scavenger hunt list and you’ll collect the items on the list!
- Bucket or bag to collect the scavenger hunt items in
- Fastening materials: Glue, string, tape
This Activity is broken up into 4 parts, this could be an all day activity, or could be broken up into multiple days. It depends on how far you go to find the materials, how carefully you test the materials, and how long you spend designing, building, and testing your boat!
The younger your child is, the more guidance they may require, remember to encourage your child to do the work and the thinking! Asking probing questions will help with their learning:
- What do you notice? What do you wonder?
- Hmmm, can you tell me what you’re thinking, so far?
- What do you think will happen? / Why do you think happened?
- If/when you do it again, what would you do differently?
Send us a photo of your boat to firstname.lastname@example.org! Happy Boat Building!