While not common, weather or other aspects of wilderness living can delay our progress or hamper our ability to travel. Please maintain some flexibility in your schedule the days following the teacher expedition in order to accommodate any delays we might encounter.
Participant Agreement, including Medical Information, Risk Acknowledgement, and Legal Waivers:
After registering you’ll receive a link to our online Participant Agreement, which needs to be completed more than 10 days before the expedition starts. We recommend you take a moment now to look over a copy, so you’re comfortable with it before registering. Registration is voluntary, so if you don’t agree with the terms there, please don’t register, and instead let us know at email@example.com.
- Please be prepared to be active outdoors. Participants in the Pack Creek trip should be comfortable with the idea of kayaking for several days, and spending nights camping. Participants in the out-the-road course will not have those same physical demands, however, should be comfortable spending at least half-days walking, occasionally off-trail.
- Bring clothes for the weather… usually rain gear, boots, warm layers, and a change of clothes. *If these are hard to come by, just let us know; we have clothing to loan or give.
- We expect participants to behave in a manner that does not jeopardize the group’s safety or our ability to offer meaningful programs for all participants.
- If we have to cancel a trip due to insufficient numbers, we will do so at least 21 days prior to the trip beginning. Were that to happen, we would give you priority registration on any other Teacher Expedition.
- If you cancel more than 21 days in advance, there’s a $35 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel 21 or fewer days in advance, refund is only possible if we can fill your spot, and if so there’s still the $35 cancellation fee.
- If you don’t submit a completed Participant Agreement within 10 days of the program beginning, or you are not allowed to participate due to behavior reasons, that is considered a non-refundable cancellation.