These programs are for children in the grades K-6th.
Regular tuition is $40 per Discovery Day. However, we proudly offer sliding scale tuition. If that amount is not appropriate for your family right now, just enter the amount you’d like to pay, per child.
New to the program:
We are now offering exclusive Discovery Days for our younger outdoor explorers (kindergarten through second grade)! On October 19th & 20th we will explore, learn, and play outside from 8:00-2:30! The pickup/drop-off locations for these days is as such: Oct. 19th will be at the Mendenhall Glacier and Oct. 20th will be at Sandy Beach.
We’re looking for Junior Naturalists to help with the K-2 Discovery Days. Must be between 13 and 16 years old with interest in helping kids ages 5-7 October 19th and 20th. Experience in Discovery Days or Outdoor Explorers is helpful but not required.
Send a letter of why you want to be a junior naturalist with Discovery Southeast to firstname.lastname@example.org
Participant Agreement, including Medical Information, Risk Acknowledgement, and Legal Waivers:
After registering you’ll receive a link to our online Participant Agreement, which needs to be completed more than 10 days before camp starts. We recommend you take a moment now to look over a copy, so you’re comfortable with it before registering. Registration is voluntary, so if you don’t agree with the terms there, please don’t register and instead, let us know at email@example.com.
- Please pack a sack lunch, water, and a snack.
- Bring clothes for the weather: usually rain gear, boots, warm layers, and a change of clothes. *If these are hard to come by, just let us know; we have clothing to loan or give.
- We expect children to behave in a manner that does not jeopardize the group’s safety or our ability to offer meaningful programs for all participants.
- 8:30 am drop off and 4:00 pm pickup (8:00 am drop off, and 2:30 pm pick up for K-2) will be at a central location, usually Twin Lakes.
- If you cancel more than 10 days in advance, there’s a $15 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel 10 or fewer days in advance, a refund is only possible if we can fill your spot, and if so there’s still the $15 cancellation fee.
- If you don’t submit a completed Participant Agreement within 10 days of the Discovery Day, or if a child is not allowed to participate due to behavior reasons, that is considered a cancellation 10 or fewer days in advance.
Discovery Days are possible thanks to Discovery Southeast member donations and sponsorship from Coeur Alaska.