This registration page is for those who we’ve contacted and offered a spot off our waitlist. And it’s only for the child and camp offered.
For regular Outdoor Explorers summer camp, drop-off and pick up will generally be at 8:30 am and 3:30 pm at Twin Lakes. From there we will travel by 15 passenger van to our day’s destination, exploring the Tongass National Forest or other parklands in the CBJ. Itineraries change each week and will be sent to parents in the week prior to camp. Weekly themes indicate a general focus for the week, but all weeks prioritize open time to explore outdoors each day. The full Outdoor Explorers camp info page is here.
For Kayak Camp, camp begins at the Caouette Cabin at Twin Lakes at 9:15 am each morning. Campers will need to be picked up there at the end of the day at 4:45 pm. We’ll travel by van to and from our kayak put-in. (We can also accommodate families out the road who prefer a pick-up and drop-off there.) The full kayak camp info page is here.
Regular tuition is $260 per week, and Kayak Camp is $320. This is thanks to financial support from Discovery Southeast members, the Forest Service, and many others. In addition, we proudly offer sliding-scale tuition. If regular tuition is not appropriate for your family right now, simply enter the amount you’d like to pay, per child. We’ll ask anyone paying less than $150 per week to apply for the new city-wide summer scholarships form here. If the city-wide scholarship is awarded, we’ll expect some of it to be used for Outdoor Explorers camp. If a family does not qualify for a city-wide scholarship, we’ll ask that families pay at least $100 per week for camp, unless there are extenuating circumstances. Please fill out the CBJ scholarship form within a week of registering.
If getting to or from Twin Lakes is a challenge for your family, please reach out to us by phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Participant Agreement, including Medical Information, Risk Acknowledgement, and Legal Waivers:
After registering you’ll receive a link to our online Participant Agreement, which needs to be completed more than 10 days before camp starts. We recommend you take a moment now to look over a copy, so you’re comfortable with it before registering. Registration is voluntary, so if you don’t agree with the terms there, please don’t register, and instead let us know at email@example.com.
- Please pack a sack lunch, water, and a snack.
- Bring clothes for the weather… usually rain gear, boots, warm layers, and a change of clothes. *If these are hard to come by, just let us know; we have clothing to loan or give.
- We expect children to behave in a manner that does not jeopardize the group’s safety or our ability to offer meaningful programs for all participants.
- If you cancel more than 10 days in advance, there’s a $25 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel 10 or fewer days in advance, a refund is only possible if we can fill your spot, and if so there’s still the $25 cancellation fee.
- If you don’t submit a completed Participant Agreement within 10 days of the camp, or if a child is not allowed to participate due to behavior reasons, that is considered a cancellation 10 or fewer days in advance.
Outdoor Explorers summer camp is possible thanks to a community of support.