Please heed the age ranges, and please enroll a child for no more than 3 weeks of camp. If you’re just outside the age range or already signed up for 3 weeks, use our waitlist and we’ll make case-by-case decisions on whether we can accommodate your request.
Drop-off and pick up will generally be at 8:30 am and 4:00 pm at Twin Lakes. From there we will travel by 15 passenger van to our day’s destination, exploring the Tongass National Forest or other park lands in the CBJ. Itineraries change each week and will be sent to parents in the week prior to camp. Weekly themes indicate a general focus for the week, but all weeks prioritize open time to explore outdoors each day.
Overnight Cabin-to-Cabin special details:
Monday is not overnight, but is a shake-down day to make sure everyone has the proper gear, food, and equipment–we will help find gear if you do not have access. Then Tuesday through Friday will include wilderness backpacking, spending the nights in remote cabins. Days will include roughly 4 mile hikes with a pack; you do not have to be a super-hiker but should have excitement to backpack in a group.
Regular tuition is $260 per week, Overnight (cabin to cabin) is $410, and Kayak Camp is $440. This is thanks to financial support from Discovery Southeast members, the Forest Service, and many others. In addition, we proudly offer sliding scale tuition. If regular tuition is not appropriate for your family right now, simply enter the amount you’d like to pay, per child – you can even put $0.
IMPORTANT: Participant Agreement, including Medical Information, Risk Acknowledgement, and Legal Waivers:
After registering you’ll receive a link to our online Participant Agreement, which needs to be completed more than 10 days before camp starts. We recommend you take a moment now to look over a copy, so you’re comfortable with it before registering. Registration is voluntary, so if you don’t agree with the terms there, please don’t register, and instead let us know at email@example.com.
- Please pack a sack lunch, water, and a snack.
- Bring clothes for the weather… usually rain gear, boots, warm layers, and a change of clothes. *If these are hard to come by, just let us know; we have clothing to loan or give.
- We expect children to behave in a manner that does not jeopardize the group’s safety or our ability to offer meaningful programs for all participants.
- If you cancel more than 10 days in advance, there’s a $25 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel 10 or fewer days in advance, a refund is only possible if we can fill your spot, and if so there’s still the $25 cancellation fee.
- If you don’t submit a completed Participant Agreement within 10 days of the camp, or if a child is not allowed to participate due to behavior reasons, that is considered a cancellation 10 or fewer days in advance.
Outdoor Explorers summer camp is possible thanks to a community of support.