Spring Break Theme: Communication!
How do you communicate with the land? Lend your listening ears to nature this week as we explore how plants, humans, and animals communicate. We will traverse the microscopic mycelial networks of our forests, analyze birdcalls, and search for personal connections with the land this week.
This program is for children in 2nd-6th grade.
Regular tuition is $50 per Discovery Day or $250 for the week of Spring Break. However, we proudly offer sliding scale tuition. If that amount is not appropriate for your family right now, just enter the amount you’d like to pay, per child.
- Days are spent outdoors in various parks around Juneau. Transportation is provided via 15 passenger van.
- Morning pick up and afternoon drop off are at Twin Lakes, just outside of the Caouette skating cabin.
- Spring Break Camp has 8:30 AM drop off and 3:30 PM pick up.
- Discovery Days have 8:30 AM drop off and 4:00 PM pick up
Participant Agreement, including Medical Information, Risk Acknowledgement, and Legal Waivers:
After registering you’ll receive a link to our online Participant Agreement, which needs to be completed more than 10 days before camp starts. We recommend you take a moment now to look over a copy, so you’re comfortable with it before registering. You can fill out the form here. Registration is voluntary, so if you don’t agree with the terms there, please don’t register and instead, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please pack a sack lunch, water, and a snack.
- Bring clothes for the weather: usually rain gear, boots, warm layers, and a change of clothes. *If these are hard to come by, just let us know; we have clothing to loan or give.
- We expect children to behave in a manner that does not jeopardize the group’s safety or our ability to offer meaningful programs for all participants.
- If you cancel more than 10 days in advance, there’s a $15 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel 10 or fewer days in advance, a refund is only possible if we can fill your spot, and if so there’s still the $15 cancellation fee.
- If you don’t submit a completed Participant Agreement within 10 days of the Discovery Day, or if a child is not allowed to participate due to behavior reasons, that is considered a cancellation 10 or fewer days in advance.
Discovery Days are possible thanks to Discovery Southeast member donations and sponsorship from Coeur Alaska.