Spring Break Theme: Outdoor Adventures!
Do you have the skills to thrive outside in Juneau no matter the weather? Come find out with Outdoor Adventures Spring Break Camp. Building shelters, practicing fire safety, learning navigation skills, snowshoeing, animal tracking, outdoor cooking, and edible plant harvesting are some of the activities we may explore depending on what’s out there! Join us to learn, adventure and have fun!
This program is for children in K-6th grade.
Regular tuition for 2nd-6th grade is $250 for the week of Spring Break. Regular tuition for the Kindergarten and 1st grade program is $100. However, we proudly offer sliding scale tuition. If that amount is not appropriate for your family right now, just enter the amount you’d like to pay, per child.
2nd-6th Grade Program:
- Days are spent outdoors in various parks around Juneau. Transportation is provided via 15 passenger van.
- Morning pick up and afternoon drop off are at Twin Lakes, just outside of the Caouette skating cabin.
- Spring Break Camp has 8:30 AM drop off and 3:30 PM pick up.
K-1st Grade Program:
- This program is only Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- K/1 will have drop off and pick up at Sandy Beach Shelters.
- Drop off is at 9am and pick up is at 12pm.
Participant Agreement, including Medical Information, Risk Acknowledgement, and Legal Waivers:
After registering you’ll receive a link to our online Participant Agreement, which needs to be completed more than 10 days before camp starts. You can fill out the form here. (Also, you are welcome to preview the form by downloading a pdf copy here. However, please ultimately complete the online version, not the pdf version.) If you have any questions just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please pack a sack lunch, water, and a snack.
- Bring clothes for the weather: usually rain gear, boots, warm layers, and a change of clothes. *If these are hard to come by, just let us know; we have clothing to loan or give.
- We expect children to behave in a manner that does not jeopardize the group’s safety or our ability to offer meaningful programs for all participants.
- If you cancel more than 10 days in advance, there’s a $25 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel 10 or fewer days in advance, a refund is only possible if we can fill your spot, and if so there’s still the $25 cancellation fee.
- If you don’t submit a completed Participant Agreement within 10 days of the Discovery Day, or if a child is not allowed to participate due to behavior reasons, that is considered a cancellation 10 or fewer days in advance.
Spring Break camp and Discovery Days are possible thanks to Discovery Southeast member donations and sponsorship from Coeur Alaska.