This is a lesson we created for 4th graders in the Juneau School District, based on the field trip they would have had for SeaWeek. You don’t need to be a 4th grader to try this one at home!
This activity is well suited for kids ages 7-12.
- Paper and Pencil
- Tweezers, chopstick or pencil, fork
- Seeds, cereal and bread
This Activity is broken up into 2 parts, and is best done all in one day.
The younger your child is, the more guidance they may require, remember to encourage your child to do the work and the thinking! Asking probing questions will help with their learning:
- What do you notice? What do you wonder?
- Hmmm, can you tell me what you’re thinking, so far?
- What do you think will happen? / Why do you think happened?
- If/when you do it again, what would you do differently?
Send us a photo of your work to email@example.com! Let’s Get outside!