This is a lesson we created for Kindergartners in the Juneau School District. You don’t need to be a Kinder to try this one at home!
This activity is well suited for kids ages 4-8.
- Part 1: Glass Jar, Tape, Marker, Measuring tape
- Part 2: Piece of glossy paper, string, tape, scissors
- Part 3: Piece of blank paper and pencil
- Part 4: Your clothes for the different weather!
This Activity is broken up into 4 parts, and is ideally broken up into multiple days.
The younger your child is, the more guidance they may require, remember to encourage your child to do the work and the thinking! Asking probing questions will help with their learning:
- What do you notice about today’s weather?
- Hmmm, can you tell me what you’re thinking, so far?
- What do you think will happen? / Why do you think happened?
- If/when you do it again, what would you do differently?
Send us a photo of parts or all of your weather station to email@example.com! Let’s Get outside!